2014 MODIFIED RULE CHANGES
Speedway will implement the following changes/clarifications to its SK
Modified« and SK Light Modified rulebooks effective for the beginning of the
- *Body Offset: 11-1/2 inch maximum from
outer frame rail to RR quarter panel assembly is permitted. The quarter
panel assembly cannot extend beyond the RR inside tire contact patch.
- *Flat Windshields: ╝ inch flat
polycarbonate must be used, and it must extend from the left A-pillar to
the #4A center windshield bar and from the roof to the cowl. A minimum of
three non winged type Dzus fasteners must be used on each side (front,
left, right and bottom).
- *Shock Covers or Shrouds: No covers or
aerodynamic type shrouds will be allowed over the front shock towers.
- *Inner "Rocker" Panel: An
inner panel (.040 aluminum or magnetic sheet steel) must be installed on
the left side and run from left main frame rail to the door and extend
from the front fire wall to the rearward to the rear firewall (behind the
- *Aluminum crush panels: Must be
installed at the front and rear firewalls and extend outward to the left
side door panel and extend upward from the inner panel to the top of the
left side door panel.
- *Batteries: Gel or glass mat type only
with a minimum weight of 17 lbs.
- *Rear Center Panel (panel over the fuel
cell): Must be magnetic sheet steel, 22 gauge, .031 thick, with a minimum
width of 28 inches, and must extend from the rear vertical panel forward
to the #7 bar.
- *Rear spoiler must attach where the rear
vertical panel meets the rear center panel.
- *Shift lever and shift rods must be made
of aluminum or steel.
- *Only single stage master cylinders are